Servicemen honoured for Afghanistan actions
A number of Service personnel have been recognised for actions taken during Operation HERRICK 15, which took place between October 2011 and April 2012, in the latest Operational Honours and Awards list.
Some of their stories have appeared on the MOD website, with more to follow over the coming week.
Read more by following the links below:
- Soldier honoured for storming insurgent position at ‘Devil’s Doorstep’
- DSO for Army Major who charged enemy lines
- Helmand heroism earns DFC for selfless Chinook pilot
- Bayonet charge foils enemy ambush
- Royal Air Force officer recognised for improving Afghan Police training
- Military Cross for soldier who continued to fight after being just ‘a hair’s breadth from death’.